Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 3 Challenge: Flowers!


There are so many beautiful flower patterns out there - I spent a ridiculous amount of time browsing on Ravelry.  (I know, so what else is new?)  But I finally chose this pattern by Lucy at Attic24, for Japanese Quince Flowers.

I ended up making two versions of the flower itself, as I didn't love the first one.  I wanted to use some pretty scrap yarn I had lying around...



...but I found that it was too fuzzy, and the flower lost its delicate beauty.




So I started over with thinner cotton yarn...




and was happier with the outcome.



Here is my final notebook page for this project.  I had to translate into US crochet terms.






And here are my two lovely quince flowers, complete with little green leaves:


7 comments:

  1. I love that you shared your process with us. Thank you! The flowers turned out so lovely. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really enjoying recording the process, and the blog is a great tool for it.

      Delete
  2. Those flowers are so lovely, and I especially love the centers! Thanks for sharing, and for sharing your notebook too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie - I love everything that Lucy does. Couldn't you just browse Attic24 all day long? :)
      Also, I can't thank you enough for encouraging all of us to crochet more!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Those are so pretty! You did such a great job, I just love 3D crochet, and flowers are such a cheerful way to show it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your flowers. I very much enjoy the process of trying new yarn and patterns and finding a lovely combo, like you did with the pink and yellow. They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!